Monday 14 May 2018

Session News


I very rarely get to hear his programmes as they are broadcast these days, but in odd spare moments over the past week or so I've been desperately trying to catch up with a batch of recent Marc Riley radio shows on the BBC iPlayer before they disappear into the ether 30 days after transmission. His session guests have been of a exceptionally high calibre of late. They include marvellous sets from Joan As Policewoman, Peter Perrett, Yo La Tengo, Wreckless Eric and Robyn Hitchcock & the LA Squires. I've attached a handful of individual highlights, but you'll have to dig through Marc's episode guide to check out the rest. Don't delay though.

Hitchcock's full session and between song banter with Marc was a particular joy for this old Soft Boys fan and if anyone out there is able to magically preserve these moments in an MP3 format for me, I'd be eternally grateful. Robyn is in the middle of a UK tour at this very moment, but I'm unable to make it to any of the shows. Bugger.





5 comments:

TheRobster said...

I might be able to rip these for you Swede. I'll be in touch...

JTFL said...

Robyn is wearing a quality shirt I wish I had for the Aces.

Brian said...

Thanks for directing me to the Hitchcock session. That was tremendous. I have to wait until October, but I will be seeing him again when he comes through town. Will catch up with these other sessions too. All legends in my mind.

Rickety Rackety said...

It's so wonderful that these chaps are still out there being creative. I particularly enjoyed 'Sally Was A Legend' when I heard it the other night. Will have to try the other sessions too.

The Swede said...

Thanks Robster, I'll keep my fingers crossed.

JTFL. Robyn has immaculate taste in shirts.

Though you'd enjoy it Brian. The version of 'Groovin' On A Inner Plane' was a real highlight for me.

Good to hear from you Rickety Rackety, they're all worth flicking through.

Greatest Hits