Wednesday 14 June 2017

Hollow Everdaze


Every now and then, I like to take a look around at what's going down, musically speaking, down under. Last year I was rewarded for my efforts with terrific albums by The Goon Sax, Community Radio & Chook Race and already this year I've found a new favourite in the shape of New Zealand combo The Prophet Hens, with their recent LP 'The Wonderful Shapes of Back Door Keys'. Melbourne’s splendidly monikered Hollow Everdaze joined the list a couple of weeks ago. The band have apparently been producing their own brand of psych-infused pop for nigh on 10 years and their second LP, 'Cartoons' is due for release on Deaf Ambitions next week. From it, here's the title track. Plus, as a bonus, the first thing I heard by Hollow Everdaze, the epic 'Last Laugh' from 2015 - it's the one that drew me in. If you like these (and what's not to like?), check out more here.


1 comment:

Chris said...

I’m beginning to sound like a broken record around these parts by saying I’ve not familiar with the band Hollow Everdaze, but enjoyed the song Cartoons. Imaginative video too! Think my favorite contemporary Aussie musician is Tame Impala

Greatest Hits