Tuesday 20 October 2015

Be-dum Be-dum Be-dum


My amplifier is in for repair, so I'm unable to actually play any records at the moment. This small matter didn't prevent me from sorting through my 7" singles over the weekend though - it was a long overdue job. I thinned out about 400 of the blighters, all of which are currently boxed up downstairs, ready to be dispatched at the earliest opportunity. I came across a few surprises as I rummaged (why do I own 3 copies of 'Theme from Shaft' by Isaac Hayes and 2 copies of 'Geniuses of Crack' by Tsunami?) and rediscovered a few old favourites, such as 'Curly' by The Move, purchased almost a lifetime ago from a market stall on Walthamstow High Street. This one's a keeper.

3 comments:

Brian said...

I bet a few of us would like to see those discarded 7 inchers. That would be a fun afternoon. Hope you get your amp situation sorted. Now it's time for you to have some good fortune.

The Swede said...

Nothing very exciting in there Brian. Unfortunately I sold the majority of my singles (i.e. the good stuff) a few years ago when money was tight - what a fool.

C said...

You thinned out about 400 of the blighters?! Wow. Brian is right, I bet we'd all like a peak. It's that compulsive need to look through a box of unseen records - even if you've been told there's nothing exciting, or past experience tells you that's probably the case, you still just HAVE to look...

Greatest Hits