Sunday 15 February 2015

Get Together

Every four to six weeks, Mrs S and I get together with two other couples, old friends from my record shop days, to eat lunch, drink wine and catch up with each other's lives. We take turns to host what has come to be known as, 'The Tummy Club', and yesterday it was our turn. After licking our plates clean, we headed out into the late afternoon sunshine to walk off our hearty meal, returning an hour later to enjoy a slice (or two) of Mrs S's outstanding homemade cheesecake, in front of a roaring fire.

The Tummy Club reconvenes in the middle of March. Can't wait.


Here's the great Sid Griffin with a bluegrass interpretation of a much recorded Chet Powers song, taken from his fine 2014 LP, 'The Trick Is to Breathe'.


10 comments:

Erik Bartlam said...

I could do with some cheese cake about now.

We used to get together with my sisters family for supper every week. It was great fun but finally ended by little legue baseball.

Charity Chic said...

I can think of worse ways to spend a day!

george said...

We cook our friends curries. They've never had them before. The nearest Indian restaurant to here is about 100 miles away. I do like that Sid Griffin song.

Anonymous said...

I love that photo. I'm also loving the idea of homemade cheesecake. And wine! Good times.

The Swede said...

The bit I didn't mention was that on Friday Mrs S made a perfect cheesecake, but managed to drop it onto a clean work surface, top down - edible, but smashed up. So she had to make another one for our friends and we get to eat the damaged one! You see what sacrifices we make for our guests?

C said...

'The Tummy Club'! Haha, love the name. Hungry already. Got any of that lovely cheesecake going spare? I thought not....

The Swede said...

All portioned up and frozen for later consumption C. There's only so much cheesecake two people can eat in one weekend! I haven't even got that much of a sweet tooth, but I make an exception for a good cheesecake!

Anonymous said...

Mr. S,
Am I too late for some cheesecake? I don't mind if it's a wee piece of the upside-down one.

Invite sent via email.

Anonymous said...

The last anonymous comment is from me.

Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

Greatest Hits