Tuesday 24 February 2015

55 From 55 - 1963

55 songs in 55 days - one for every year of my life...so far.

'Tanx' 10 Years Early.

Buddy Holly, Roy Orbison, even Frank Sinatra. All artists introduced to me by Dad. Pretty good really. He could so easily have gone down the Black & White Minstrels route like many others of his generation, then where would I have been? Anyway, add Dusty to the list. The Springfields were big favourites of his, particularly popular, I seem to remember, as a soundtrack to any decorating going on in the house - an empty room devoid of wallpaper providing the perfect acoustics for Dad to sing along.

'Say I Won't Be There', a slightly punchier single than some of their folkier efforts, still sounds fine.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Cool Dad - even got in there early with Dusty.

C said...

Ditto SB. And that looks like a fine guitar you have there, boy!

The Swede said...

Thanks SB & C. I wish I still had that guitar...and tank!

Anonymous said...

At first I thought, "Oh no, locked out again!" but someone has posted a copy that's accessible to those of us buried over here in the snowy wastes of Canada. ;-)

I'd previously only heard The Springfields 'Silver Threads and Golden Needles.' It was a hit here in '62 and I have a big old soft spot for it.

It sounds as if your Dad was very 'engaged' with you - that's a wonderful thing.

Greatest Hits